The Nintendo Switch offers so many awesome games in their eshop, that sometimes it’s tough to pick just one, especially with all the deals they have flying around. With so much variety, sometimes family games you can play with your kids are hard to find. Our team did a deep dive into the coolest, fun-filled games for both adults and your younger ones.
Here are the top 5 Nintendo Switch games you’ll love playing with your kids:
- Super Mario Party – Packed with action where you can play Nintendo’s version of a classic board game. Super Mario Party is a game where you can play together or duke it out solo to become the Super Mario Party Super Star. This game is awesome on so many levels with mini-games you can play for days and not get bored. I started playing this with my kiddos when they were four and six years old and our battles continue years later. One memory I will never forget is when we all played the rowing game and had to work together as a team to get to the end of the course where to our pleasant surprise a certain original Nintendo character was waiting for us and joined our party!
- Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – Here is an outstanding game that will bring you back to your youth. Play as Mario, Luigi, Toad, or Toadette (who becomes Princess Peach with a special powerup) and work together to battle Bowser’s foes in this semi-open world, action-packed game. My kids and I play this game together often and my daughter LOVES getting the PINK crown playing as Toadette, as she transforms into Princess Peach and hovers through the air ala Super Mario 2. Awesome gameplay, super cool characters, amazing levels – highly recommend!
- Mario Kart Deluxe 8 – You can’t go wrong with any Mario Kart editions throughout Nintendo’s history, but since we are talking about Switch games, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 8 must be on this list. From the moment you pick up your joy-con, to the bananas you throw on the track to that final blue or red shell you toss to nail your opponent just before they cross the finish line, so many memories are made playing this game. My kids and I play all sorts of game modes on this title, from classic racing to battle mode and each time we play, something new happens throughout our races. Check out the expansion tracks, just added this year – so amazing!
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – Another classic title for the Nintendo Switch, Super Smash Bros Ultimate is an awesome addition to our family playlist. You start by selecting from a list of classic Nintendo characters to fight with and before you know it, you’re drop-kicking, punching, and summoning special characters to help you battle it out before losing all your stocks. This game is pure excitement and offers an amazing variety of characters that all have unique skill sets. Sometimes I just sit on my chair, relaxing in the living room when suddenly I will hear my daughter “Daddy? You want to play Smash?” How can I say no? Let’s GO!
- Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics – With 51 games to choose from, Nintendo turns your console and living room into your local clubhouse (minus the pool). Choose from a variety of pasty nostalgic games from foosball to ludo to war, there is something for everyone playing Clubhouse 51 Games. My kids and I love the toy baseball game and bowling (which plays like bowling from Wii Sports). Every now and then, I let them win. hahaha. Not really! 😊
There you have it! So, the next time you hear the words “I’m bored” sit your kids down, grab a joy-con and start teaching them a lesson in gaming they will never forget. Or they will teach you. Either way, you all will have a tremendous time, together!