Sonic The Hedgehog 2 has been out for just over a month and thus far the reviews are showing some love. I took my kids to see it last weekend and was so happy I did. My kiddos were too, as they soaked up every minute of it.
(No spoilers here, just a few solid reasons why you should go see this awesome movie)
I wont ruin it for you with spoilers or plot reveals. Basically the movie follows our little blue pal Sonic as he races into adventure, this time with a side kick (or two). The objective, as it was in the games, is to defeat Dr. Egghead – hardly a spoiler there.
If you are thinking about taking your children to see this movie, do it. Here are 5 reasons why you should:
- Nostalgia runs DEEP. Is there anything better than the way things were when you were a kid? Well, when you were a kid, Sonic was a superstar in a video game franchise that rivaled Mario.
- Your kids deserve to continue to get to know Sonic. Sonic is and was so much more than the fastest creature in the universe, he is also one of the coolest. This movie continues to drive that point home.
- Family time is fun and healthy time, even at the movie theater. Spending time with your kiddos at the movie theater is a super cool way to have a shared entertainment experience. Even if you are watching something differently, you can still share your thoughts and feelings during and after.
- It will give your kids a reason to beg you to dust off that old Sega Genesis. After the movie is over, just wait for the questions to pop about your playing days. I am always up for an excuse to bust out an old console, crack my knuckles, and educate the youth on what real game play looks like!
- Everything is cooler on the BIG SCREEN. You might be thinking, “I will just watch this when it comes out on streaming services.” If that sounds like you, change your mindset. Watching the drama unfold in a movie theater gives everyone a good experience that they’ll remember. There’s just something magical about the movies!
So, there you have it, a solid, family fun activity for you to do this weekend courtesy of your friends here at GameTruck. Sonic The Hedgehog 2 will bring you back, make you laugh, and put you in touch with your inner kid again. Watching with my children made me appreciate where my family is today and I know it will have a similar effect for you too.